KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

i have belling dishwaher which is not emptying e1 showing as

Customer Question

i have belling dishwaher which is not emptying e1 showing as error can you help please
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

Please tell me its complete model number

KevinWhiteJA :

and how old is it ?

JACUSTOMER-gkvb7ztk- :

its is idw604 and is just over 2 years old

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, so it fills and starts the cycle and then won't drain and this error will flash ... is that right ?

JACUSTOMER-gkvb7ztk- :

yes

KevinWhiteJA :

E 1 is a pressure switch or a water pressure error

KevinWhiteJA :

you will have to pull it out and then take the kick plate out

KevinWhiteJA :

after this clean the drain hose and drain pump assembly completely

KevinWhiteJA :

also locate the pressure switch

KevinWhiteJA :

and take the thin hose connecting the switch

KevinWhiteJA :

and clean everything

KevinWhiteJA :

the problem should be solved after all this is done

JACUSTOMER-gkvb7ztk- :

that sounds complicated could i have just put it on the wrong setting ie h1-22 setting? which is in the other panel cant find intruction bok to see what these are

KevinWhiteJA :

No, I believe cleaning will solve the problem as something might be stuck in there or the pressure hose is blocked

KevinWhiteJA :

even if you put it on a wrong setting it won't give you this error

JACUSTOMER-gkvb7ztk- :

ok will give it a go what is the kick plate?

KevinWhiteJA :

the front panel below the door

JACUSTOMER-gkvb7ztk- :

have looked there is a long piece of wood fitted right across can u suggest anything just to drain it

KevinWhiteJA :

I hope you understand...if it can drain it would have drained by now but as it is giving the error code you will have to gain access to the pump assembly and pressure switch to clean it and doing this should solve the problem

JACUSTOMER-gkvb7ztk- :

sorry i realise it must be clever and therefore must be blocked or wouldve drained will have to workout how to pull it out neighbours have been having water pressure problems and the washing machine which is at the side of the dishwasher has been giving error codes all week end i suppose these could be linked?

KevinWhiteJA :

Yes...that is what the error code states :) water pressure problem

JACUSTOMER-gkvb7ztk- :

could it just be a blocked pipe that emptys both of the machines

KevinWhiteJA :

Yes you will have to clean the drain hose, drain pump and the pressure switch so the problem is solved

JACUSTOMER-gkvb7ztk- :

ok thanks sorry not technically minded hoped it was something easey and i just needed to reset programme on stupid machine i knew washing up by hand was easier thanks will have a go

KevinWhiteJA :

No problem, I understand....If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service ....Thanks

JACUSTOMER-gkvb7ztk- :

will let you know tom if i need further advice thanks

KevinWhiteJA :

Sure..Have a good day