canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

Hi. I have a aquarius DWF 33 dishwasher, over the last few

Hi. I have a aquarius DWF 33 dishwasher, over the last few weeks items in the lower tray are not being cleaned properly. Both spinning jets are clear and not obstructed. There are no warning lights on.
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 3 years ago.

canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. Have you cleaned the filter?

Customer:

Yes

canuck the pro :

Have you cleaned the spray arm also? The spray arm holes will get scale buildup and even though they move freely does not mean that it is spraying well.

Customer:

yes, they are all clean.

canuck the pro :

Is there any standing water in the bottom after a wash?

Customer:

no

canuck the pro :

Well it is either the filter is not fitted properly or the sprayer needs cleaning. One of the two. Any other fault would have an error code or other evidence of fault like standing water. If the filter is not fitted well the lower wand will not spin as well. Pull the lower arm upwards and lift it off. Unscrew the upper spray arm.Clean both spay arms under running water. Re-fit the spray arms. Ensure that the lower arm has locked into place and the upper one is screwed tight. Confirm filter is fitted correctly.

Customer:

I've tried all of that, do you think it could be something to do with the water supply?

canuck the pro :

Do you have low pressure at the sink?

Customer:

No, but fault seems to have started when our water main was replaced, or could that be just coincidance.

canuck the pro :

Could be coincidence. Does it seem to take a lot longer for the cycle to run than it did before the main was replaced?

Customer:

Yes, it takes longer to start the cycle. Seems to sit there for awhile before it makes any noise.

canuck the pro :

That would certainly be a possibility. Do you have a separate stop valve for the dishwasher? Might want to see if it is on all the way. If it is then turn it off and disconnect at the stop valve and put a large bowl under it to catch water and turn it on and off to flush it.

Customer:

Thanks I'll try that when I get home.

canuck the pro :

It really is the only other explanation for the issue. Hopefully it is just that the shut off valve is not on all the way.