canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

I have a white combi microwave oven CT552WBPQ i think - the

Customer Question

I have a white combi microwave oven CT552WBPQ i think - the white casing on the door on the left hand corner has been damaged. Can i replace the while plastic door frame? If so - how do i do it
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 3 years ago.

canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is Mike and I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. Is this the part that is damaged?http://www.partmaster.co.uk/microwave/nn-ct552w-nn-ct552wbpq/door-c-inner-frame/product.pl?pid=1195354&shop=panasonic&path=107445&model_ref=2498251

JACUSTOMER-ptychynp- :

Hi - no - it is the outer door - the white outer door frame - i see that you can buy door frames - see http://www.buyspares.co.uk/microwave/nn-ct552w-nn-ct552wbpq/door-a/product.pl?pid=3040246&shop=panasonic&path=107445&model_ref=2498251

JACUSTOMER-ptychynp- :

but how do i get the old door frame off and replace with the new door frame?

canuck the pro :

So if you look inside the door there will be a plastic cover that is just snapped in and covers the screws that hold the outer frame. A putty knife would be a good tool to use to pry that off. This piece may hold the glass in too so when you take it off you may just pull the glass assembly out after that. Remove the handle and remove the screws holding the cover and replace it. I know some of these directions are a little vague but some models differ slightly. Once you have the cover off it will come together quite nicely though.

canuck the pro :

If anything comes up at all or if you have any questions about the directions certainly let me know. I will help any way that I can.

canuck the pro :

I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful?

canuck the pro :

Did the information I provided help solve your issue?

canuck the pro :

Have you had any trouble positively rating my service? There have been troubles with the rating system but if you comment with your positive rating I can have it manually processed.

canuck the pro :