Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

my hotpoint quatro has stoped working and for some reason the

my hotpoint quatro has stoped working and for some reason the bar seal on the door has heated up to a high temperature there is no build up of ice in either the fridge or freezer. The freezer is working fine but, the fridge is warm
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

If the freezer is ok still but the fridge has gone off then the fault will be to do with the freezer. As the fridge gets its cooling from the freezer. A fan in there blows the cold air into the fridge section. So if the fridge goes warm its usually either a blocked evaporator stopping the air flow or the fan is faulty.

What you need to do is empty the freezer and remove the rear panel in there.

There you will see the evaporator. If this is blocked with ice you will need to use a hairdryer and melt the ice.

Once the ice is melted retry the appliance and this should get the fridge working again.

Fingers crossed its just a one off but if it happen again then theres a fault on the defrost side of it. Usually either the defrost heater or thermal cut out is the cause. The heater is wrapped around the evaporator so will need to be tested with a multi meter to see if faulty.

But if you don't want to go removing panels then you need to empty the freezer and turn it off and leave the freezer doors open for 24 hours and this will allow it to defrost itself.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

you have not answered my question about the door seal bar heating up. what wiring and fuses asre in this bar. I already stated there is no ice build up any where in the fride or freezer. This is a hotpoint quadrio fridge freezer

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok so you have already removed the back cover inside the freezer have you?

If so there wasn't any ice on the evaporator?

What model Quadrio do you have?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ff4dx

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
What about the ice on the evaporator was it clear when you removed the back cover?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

can you please answer the question re the bar on the fridge door.

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

I need to know about the evaporator first as once I know whats up this I will know whats up with the bar.

You say you have checked what I have said already as you clicked bad service so clearly you have checked it to prove this isn't iced up have you?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There is no ice on the evaporator, can you now please answer the question about the bar on the door.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
May I have the full model #?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ff4dx (UK)

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
This is not a defrost issue. but to be sure, please leave the freezer door closed, and feel on the left inside the fridge where the vent is up top.
Please let me know if you feel any air coming out?
Also listen to the fan in the freezer does it sound normal or do you not hear it at all?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I CAN NOT FEEL ANY AIR COMING OUT BUT THEFREEZER FAN SOUNDS NORMAL

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
This sounds like for one of two things, either the fan blade behind the freezer wall is bad, or more likely the electronic control gate in the vent is bad. When they fail, they either will not regulate the fridge temp or there will be no air getting into the fridge.
Its easy to replace and I will help you.
Below is where you can get the control servo.
I will stick with you until this is fixed but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you XXXXX
Please call
1-800-252-1698
M-F 6:30 a.m. - 10:30 p.m. CTSat 7:00 a.m. - 9:30 p.m. CTSun 7:30 a.m. - 9XXXXX
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thankyou for replying, i will get back to you soon

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi I will stick with you until this is fixed,
since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)

Thank you XXXXX