Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

A dimplex bkl20 electric fire heating working ok but lights/steam

Customer Question

A dimplex bkl20 electric fire heating working ok but lights/steam -to represent smoke - not working. I have been told it was the transformer so sent away and got what they say is the transformer sent back but cannot find where it goes as it looks nothing like anything in the working parts of the this part was over 80 pounds. Can anyone help please
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
Have you located the old transformer?
Also have you removed that part yet? Not advisable yet.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i cannot find the transformer to try and replace it. i think the part they sent me is for lighting on bikes of some sort

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

michael' i have to go out for approx an hour hope this does not mess you about sorry for the inconvenience

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Bobby, yes they sent you the wrong one.
You need to return that one and ask them to really check for the correct one.
The one you need sits in the bottom of the unit, if that helps?
Also I will stick with you so I can assist you further until this is fixed.
Also where did you order that part from?
since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you Bobby.
Tech Michael

Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

is there any way you could give me the name of the part i need or serial number or anything like that

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Bobby, I will be able to do that in the morning as the place I use is closed now.
But before you say for sure the part may be wrong, look carefully once it is apart, because there is a transformer in there.
Please advise me on that.
Thank you Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi Michael i will have a look at that some time this evening, i must warn you i am not the greatest at these things lol. will get back to you asp. thanks for your patience

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
LOL, just do this with patience and try to remember where the screws go, because they may have sent you the correct part, but we wont know until you have it open.
I will be here when you need me.
Tech Michael