Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Indesit Cooker with gas oven and gas grill K3G2/G or K3g21/G.

Customer Question

Indesit Cooker with gas oven and gas grill K3G2/G or K3g21/G. Grill works but oven flame will not remain on. When pressure on the Oven and Grill Control Knob is released the oven gas flame goes out. What is the problem, Rob?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Hello Rob, I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today. Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required. It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis. That is whats called the thermocouple. It is a part that makes sure there is an actual flame. It prevents a gas leak. In your case the thermocouple is no longer sensing the flame that is present. Its pretty easy to replace with only a few basic hand tools. I will help you if you would like to do that? The best place to get the thermocouple for the oven is Espares, their info is listed below. I will stick with you until this is fixed but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-) You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you. Thank you Tech Michael , Please call: 0844 9777 888 Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays Calls from within the UK are charged at 5p per minute including VAT from BT landlines, other networks and mobile companies may vary. For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored. Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046. Thank you Tech Michael

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael,

It is impossible for me to rate the standard of your service until I feel that you have provided me with an answer which will enable me to sort out the problem of the oven flame not staying lit. I cannot truthfully state that you have provided a good service yet as you have stated that you will stick with me until this is fixed. That is all well & good but when that has occurred, that is the time to rate the service you have given.

Do you have a normal land-line telephone number, starting with 01 or 02 etc instead of the 0844 number which is expensive for me to call you on?

If not will you please provide your information by email.

Thanks Stuart.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Stuart, I'm in the US, I could send you a 3 but that would be expensive too unfortunately.
But I know your cooker well.
I did mention that the thermo couple is bad.
Its what senses the temp at the flame to be sure there is fire so there wont be a gas explosion, it prevents gas from flowing when there is no flame, so the gas is stopping as soon as you let the knob go as it cant sense the flame.
Its not too expensive but You would either need to order the part the Thermcouple and I can help you with the replacement, or you would need a gas service tech to fix this for you.
In any case, I will be here to help as much as I can. The rating only ensures your question wont time out or close.
It cost you nothing more to do that;-)
I hope this helps?
Thank you and have a great day Stuart.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael,

In what way can you help with a replacement thermocouple? Do you know the eSure part number?

I don't know what time it is in the USA but I need to go to bed now.

I'll check for your reply in the morning.

Stuart

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Stuart, its getting late here too.
I can guide you on doing this while you do this, even phone support if you need?
But that would cost extra, for obvious reasons.
You asked me what was wrong, and I told you;-)
Also I will go the extra mile to back it up.
I will help you all the way through and for no additional cost.
Thats all I'm trying to say, I have been a technician for over 30 years so I do know lol;-)
But I like helping people save money and it also gives them a sense of self accomplishment many times.
I do this because of that.
Thank you for your understanding.
Have a great evening.
Tech Michael