Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

My Dc33 animal upright cleaner has gone wrong. It gave a bang

Customer Question

My Dc33 animal upright cleaner has gone wrong. It gave a bang and I smelt smoke so immediately turned it of, have checked the filters and they seem to be alright except the one with the wire in has a break in the wire
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Did this seem to come from the cable, especially where it just enters the machine?

Or, did it seem to come from inside the machine, down near the motor?
Can you tell me how ld this is also, please?

rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It came from down near the motor

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.

In that case this is going to require some dismantling to find the problem.

Do you have some basic tools, some torx bits and a multimeter?

Can you also tell me the age of this?

Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I purchased it in April 2011 I am afraid I do not have the tools you mentioned, I thought as it was under warrenty you would look at it

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Thats why I needed to know when you purchased it.

If you have a five year warranty on this, some do (please check the paperwork that came with the machine), you should be covered for this repair.

You will need to contact the number in the booklet and tell them yu need service and they will organise the collection etc.

If you cant find the number, please let me know and Ill try to find it for you.

If you need more help, please just ask me.

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Rob

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I AM AN ELDERLY WOMAN ON MY OWN AND NOT VERY GOOD ON COMPUTORS, I HAVE BEEN NOT BEEN ABLE TO CONTACT YOU BY PHONE AS YOUR SYSTEMS ARE NOT WORKING, AND AS I HAVE ALREADY SPENT HOURS ON THIS I WOULD APPRECIATE IF YOU COULD GIVE ME THE NUMBER

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Of course, thats no problem
If the machine is under warranty, you should call the Dyson warranty hot line on 0800(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>
They will ask you for the model number and the date of purchase.

If there is anything else I can help with, please just ask

Please dont forget to rate my responses as this is the only way I get credit for helping you today

All the best

Rob