Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

my magazine runners wont come out. We have tried putting

Customer Question

my magazine runners won't come out. We have tried putting the spoon handle into the bottom of the unit but can feel nothing. We don't' know what to do now! help please
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
How old is your coffee maker?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

its 7 years old (maybe older) but it has never been used.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Jayne,
one last question, does everything else work on the unit?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Its difficult to tell because as soon as i try to make a coffee I get the F72 error and because I can't get the magazine runner out I can't get any further.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks , but Jayne, please explain which part is giving to trouble?
What is stuck? Magazine runner? Not sure what that is here in the US lol.
But is it the part that holds the grinds? etc. I'm sure I can help you once I am sure what part is stuck.
Thank you for your patience.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The part that holds the coffee capsules is on runners and they won't slide out which means I can't put any more capsules in nor follow the procedure for releasing any that are stuck.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Jayne do you have the user manual?
tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes I do.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Jayne,
To fix this and it is caused by a tiny amount of rust in the unit, from sitting .
What you need to do is carefully pry the capsule out, and then re start the machine. That will solve the issue. But if it continues to have sticking capsules you will need to send it in for repair.
I have seen this all too many times.
I can provide further information even where to send it.
But you can use a tool something like a straight dental pick or long pointy tool, to remove the capsule.
Once you restart the unit it should work well;-)
Please keep me informed as to what happens the next time you try to brew.
I will stick with you until this is fixed one way or the other but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you Jayne.
Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I've taken one capsule out of the machine, but there are lots more still in there, which I can't get, even with something pointy. Do you think I am going to have to get someone to come out and can you recommend somebody please? If not I can get Miele to come, but they want £100 before they've done anything.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Jayne, sorry for the delay power out here this morning lol.
Yes you would need to take it apart or have someone do that for you. I could put you in touch with a Miele tech but they are very expensive.
Try a local repair tech in your area, also if you know someone who is handy I'm sure they can do that for you. Once all the capsules are removed, please let me know and I will advise on what to do to help prevent this from happening again;-)
Please rate kindly so I can schedule free follow ups for you.
I will be here for you no additional cost to you Jayne.
Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, think I am going to ring Miele as I really need this sorting out, Thanks anyway, Jayne

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Jayne, your welcome,
Just to let you know, they have had this happen periodically. But I know they want a lot to fix it.
If for any reason, you need me on this, please let me know, there is no additional cost for my service.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael, thanks for your help, but we have tried to get this capsule out and can't so I have run Miele, as I do want to use my coffee machine. Thank you very much anyway Jayne

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi you are very welcome, I see a lot of the meile that have this problem, ask them what they can do to prevent this form happening again when they come out.
Have a great day and call on me if I can help any further.
Tech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
d