KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I have a Siemans IQ500 washer dryer that shows error code

Customer Question

I have a Siemans IQ500 washer dryer that shows error code A02 what does this mean
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

Please tell me its complete model number

KevinWhiteJA :

and how old is it ?

JACUSTOMER-ongx9hc9- : Hi it's 2 and half years old and not sure re number, other than IQ 500
KevinWhiteJA :

The model number is located inside the door

KevinWhiteJA :

starts with E nr

JACUSTOMER-ongx9hc9- : I can't open the door, which is part of the problem
KevinWhiteJA :

OK...can you try to press and hold the START button for 15 seconds

KevinWhiteJA :

just want to check if this will reset the control

JACUSTOMER-ongx9hc9- : Will do
JACUSTOMER-ongx9hc9- : It has restarted !!
KevinWhiteJA :

ok...can take the clothes out ?

JACUSTOMER-ongx9hc9- : 58 min to finish so should I see if it will complete cycle or try turning to spin?
KevinWhiteJA :

try to turn it to spin

KevinWhiteJA :

also after this or before this you can unplug the unit and if there is a drain pump filter located at the bottom front of the machine...please try to clean it

KevinWhiteJA :

will depend on model number

JACUSTOMER-ongx9hc9- : It's now on spin about 13 min to do. It does have a filter as have emptied a few times before
KevinWhiteJA :

ok...let me know how it goes

KevinWhiteJA :

I will wait

JACUSTOMER-ongx9hc9- : Thanks I will
KevinWhiteJA :

did that work ?

KevinWhiteJA :

let me know when you are back

JACUSTOMER-ongx9hc9- : It seems to have stuck again on 0.08 to go ? Tried the start button again but nothing, so still unable to open the door
KevinWhiteJA :

OK, unplug it and clean the drain pump filter assembly...something might be stuck in there

JACUSTOMER-ongx9hc9- : Nothing in the filter, plugged it back in and it's reverted back to 13 min
KevinWhiteJA :

OK and the error has not appeared

JACUSTOMER-ongx9hc9- : No not yet
KevinWhiteJA :

OK, can you pull the unit out and then try to clean the drain pump assembly completely

KevinWhiteJA :

also clean the drain hose

KevinWhiteJA :

you can take off the top and side panels of the washer

KevinWhiteJA :

after cleaning lay it around 45 degrees so that if there is any water inside it will come out

KevinWhiteJA :

the problem should be solved after all this is done

KevinWhiteJA :

Please don't rate the solution till the time you are completely satisfied...If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

JACUSTOMER-ongx9hc9- : The cycle finished and door has opened. I will be grateful for that tonight and pull out and clean in the morning. I will then try another wash
JACUSTOMER-ongx9hc9- : rhanks debbie
KevinWhiteJA :

That is great Debbie :) please clean it in the morning....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance....Have a Good Night

JACUSTOMER-ongx9hc9- : Very satisfied, and keeping fingers x for the morning
JACUSTOMER-ongx9hc9- : thanks again
KevinWhiteJA :

You're welcome....Please don't forget to leave a Excellent or Good feedback so that I can get paid for the assistance that I have provided today...Thanks :)