Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hi There I have a problem with a Trane CGCL 125-134a water

Hi There
I have a problem with a Trane CGCL 125-134a water chiller
The condenser fan is staying off unit discharge reaches 15bar then go's off at 5bar affecting its operation how do i alter the settings for it and is it controlled by the
DMM control module
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
Does yours use centrifugal fans?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi There Michael

Yes it doe's it is belt driven i believe it is also 2 speed the motor is 3 phase and i think its called for via the SMM control module it waorks on the discharge pressure i thinks there is a transducer that gives a 4-20ma signal but i cannot find any info on it i think it could be set up by trane on the parameters but they don't give out info !!!

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Paul I know the info out there is very limited.
If the fan seems to run at normal speed when its working, the SMM module is at fault here.
It would need to be replaced to fix this. If you need information on obtaining a new board I can help there as well;-)
But since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you Paul.
Tech Michael