Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

my microwave oven NNV653 is completely dead. Fuse and house

my microwave oven NNV653 is completely dead. Fuse and house electrical circuit checked and OK. Any ideas and how old is the appliance?
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
Just to be sure have you checked the main fuse inside the microwave oven?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks. Fuse inside the appliance has not been checked. I will take a look and come back to you.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Yes that is next to check, but if its bad its possible something else may be wrong?
We will see when you there. I will stick with you until we have the problem fixed no matter what it is but
since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you XXXXX
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Did you get my last - notice on back says "Do not open - no user serviceable parts inside"! Are you sure there is a fuse inside?

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi, yes,
Please use extreme caution!!!
Dont jump ahead of me on this one. When you open the cover, and you can do this by removing the the front control panel, it actually just swings down on a hinge.
You will see the fuse, its likely either whit or grey. It looks like the old car style fuses.
The only thing you need to sty away from is the large metal capacitor, it can contain lethal voltage!
But you can pop the fuse out and test it for continuity.
Do you have a multimeter?
Also please be sure you have supply voltage at the outlet it is plugged into.
I will be here.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Michael, I am going to leave it at this. The wife says we have had it many years and we should get a new one. Thanks anyway and I will give you a bonus for staying with me.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
I understand Rod, Thank you and have great day!
Tech Michael