Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a Neff washing machine that will not start a programme.

I have a Neff washing machine that will not start a programme. The lights are on for the programme but nothing starts?
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Can you tell me, when you select the cycle, are all the lights on as normal? And is the door locked or can you re open it?
Are there any humming noises at all and do you have the model number please?

Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

lights come on as normal, but I can re open the door. No noises at all. w5420x0gb is the model number

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.

Hi Simon

Thats great, thanks

This is going to be a failed dorr lock or latch

The machine wont start till in "knows" the door is locked.

Look carefully at the latch on the door, is it worn or broken, if so it will need to be replaced.

More likely, the latch is OK but the door lock has failed.
Its a fairly simple job to replace. If you want me to look for the part for you, just let me know.

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Rob