canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

Hi I have a BEKO DRCS 68S Tumble Dryer and it has stopped tumbling!

Hi I have a BEKO DRCS 68S Tumble Dryer and it has stopped tumbling! Can you give me a reason for this please?
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 3 years ago.

canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. If you turn the drum by hand does it turn easily?

Customer:

.Hii

canuck the pro :

Hello!

Customer:

Hi there, yes it does.

canuck the pro :

Very good. It is not too bad but very likely the belt has broken. This happens once in a while. If you remove the back you can confirm that is what has happened. Are you going to repair yourself or are you just getting an idea before calling someone out?

Customer:

Okay that's great thank you. I was just getting an idea before calling someone out as I didn't quite know what was wrong.

canuck the pro :

You are very welcome/

Customer:

You have been very helpful thank you. I just have a couple of other questions such as, will the back come off all as one unit?
Also, is it easily fixable by my husband? Or would it be better to get someone out to do it?

canuck the pro :

Removing the back is pretty basic. The difficulty is changing the belt. If it is an option to call someone out that is always the better option. Not to say that your husband couldn't do it. It is a bit difficult but totally able to do. The option of having a professional is the better option because they may see something while providing the service that would only be noticed by a professional that can easily be taken care of then and will extend the life of the appliance such as a failing capacitor or a broken bolt that would otherwise go unnoticed.

Customer:

Okay thats great to know! Thankyou so much, you have been extremely helpful with this situation! I shall get someone out to look at it.

Customer:

Thank you again!

canuck the pro :

Very good. You are very welcome! I will be here whenever you need. Mike