canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

Hello, my Neff dishwasher is making strange noises and appears

Hello, my Neff dishwasher is making strange noises and appears to have stalled at 42 minutes.
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 3 years ago.

canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. Hopefully the only issue that is at fault is the float is sticking but really, more likely is that the PCB is faulty. Have you turned the power off for 30 minutes then turn the power on? It may reset the board and get it going again.

Customer:

I'll try it!

canuck the pro :

Very good!

Customer:

Just tried it. Still making weird noises.

canuck the pro :

Where are the noises coming from? Is there water in the bottom?

canuck the pro :

Is it making a buzzing sound?

Customer:

No, all the water has drained away. The noises seem to be coming from the bottom of the machine. Intermittent buzzing.

canuck the pro :

Maybe the pump is jammed. If you remove the inspection cover at the bottom, once the metal cover is off you will see the pump. Remove the pump by twisting it off and clear out anything jammed in there. Have lots of rags handy as there may be some water leaking out that is trapped because of the blockage, then dry any water up that's in the base from when you removed the pump.

Then retry the dishwasher and see how it goes.

Customer:

I shall try it right now.

canuck the pro :

Very good.

canuck the pro :

This should do it.

Customer:

Sadly not! Engineer, do you think?

canuck the pro :

Well that is almost certainly the issue. It is very common. Don't do anything that is beyond your comfort level for sure. I would say the best thing for you to do would be to call someone out and watch carefully what he/she does. There also is another advantage to having a professional do it is that they may find other small issues to take care of that otherwise would have been missed.

Customer:

Wise words! Thanks very much for your help.

canuck the pro :

You are very welcome!

Customer:

Should I leab

Customer:

Should I leave a rating now?

canuck the pro :

That would be great!

canuck the pro :

Customer:

The rating icons say you have to finish answering, but you already have. They won't let me click on them.

canuck the pro :

Weird. Maybe a glitch. I can have the moderators rate for you. No worries. They should be able to put it through manually based ojn your comments.

Customer:

Ah technology! Marvellous when it works. Please tell the moderators I tick Excellent! Have a good weekend.

canuck the pro :

You too! Thank you so much!