Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Hoover HP2300 001 will not pick up dirt. Ive just fitted a

Hoover HP2300 001 will not pick up dirt. I've just fitted a new brush and belt, but with the bagless cylinder off it is sucking air instead of blowing
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

When you re assemble the machine, pull the hose out from the hood part, and tell me if the motor noise changes, and if you have suction at the end of the hose?

Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What do you class as the hood part. I've tested all the hoses to see if there was any suction and there was not.
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi Paul

The hood is where the brush roll is.

If you pull the hose out from there and there is no suction, then its possible that there is either a blockage in the hose, or the filter is badly clogged.

Did you check these?

Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Do you mean the filter in the cylinder or the coarse filter under the cylinder or in the front
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.

Hi Paul

Both, they will both affect the suction

Rob

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
These are all clear
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi Paul

In that case the hose or the connection points are blocked.

Look where the hose connects to the main body. This is linked to the main dirt container. Make sure this is not blocked.
Like wise, check the hose itself is not blocked. You can try using a plastic coated net curtain wire to "rod" through the hose.

If the filters are clear and the motor is running correctly, it can only be a blockage between the dirt container and the end of the hose that goes into the hood

Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
There is nothing that would cause the motor to run in the opposite direction is there?
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi Paul

No
The Uk supply is alternating current.

There is definately a blockage there.
I have seen this hundreds of times

Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok I will keep on looking
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi PAul

Its frustrating I know, but its deffinately there somewhere.

If you can unhook the hose at the container end, its often right there.
Let me know how it goes.
In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Rob

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It sorted i think it was do to me having to many thing off that it was acting like it should have been . I knew that all the filters and hoses were clear. I've now rebuilt it back up and I've got suction out from the cylinder at the top it is now picking up. The thing you do for your friends a. Thanks for your time Rob.
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi Paul

Well done

Thanks for letting me know, yeah, friends eh !! lol

Rob