KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Hi I have a Bosch SCS43TO2GB dishwasher that starts the cycle

Customer Question

Hi I have a Bosch SCS43TO2GB dishwasher that starts the cycle but doesn't move past the initial water fill phase, ie it gets stuck on the slow circulation bit and water stays cold?, I've tried it in all 4 cycles and the same thing... Have you any suggestions please?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is it ?

JACUSTOMER-r088jqd3- :

about 6 years

KevinWhiteJA :

and can you please check the model number again... it seems incorrect

JACUSTOMER-r088jqd3- :

okay

JACUSTOMER-r088jqd3- :

SGS43TO2GB....

KevinWhiteJA :

ok, as the water stays cold the problem is with the heating element of the unit that is bad and will need replacement

KevinWhiteJA :

a new one will cost you around £90

JACUSTOMER-r088jqd3- :

ahhhh that was replaced a couple of months back as the seal had started leaking..... I wasn't to impressed witht he engineer who came out to do it that's why I'm trying this route...

JACUSTOMER-r088jqd3- :

it was the whole unit which included a new heater element

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, you have already cleaned the sump and the everything else has been done but as the water is still cold I believe it is heating element nothing else

JACUSTOMER-r088jqd3- :

Just backing up a bit, the usual cycle starts with a drain-fill-rinse-drain-fill-then hot wash..... so the water not heating at that time is to be expected isn't it?

JACUSTOMER-r088jqd3- :

ate the initial rinse that is...

JACUSTOMER-r088jqd3- :

the step that it seems to be hanging at is the initial rinse and it is like the water pressure / pump rate isn't increasing and spinning the spray arms around

KevinWhiteJA :

Basically the cycle starts with fill-rinse-drain-fill- rinse-drain

KevinWhiteJA :

ok

KevinWhiteJA :

if the pump rate isn't increasing then the circulation pump should be checked

JACUSTOMER-r088jqd3- :

how do I do that?

KevinWhiteJA :

please check the model number from the door

KevinWhiteJA :

I am still not unable to find that here

JACUSTOMER-r088jqd3- :

SGS43T02GB/06 is the full number

JACUSTOMER-r088jqd3- :

sorry I may have put a letter o rather than a number 0 the first time

KevinWhiteJA :

no problem

KevinWhiteJA :

this model does not have a circulation pump

KevinWhiteJA :

can you test the motor with a multimeter ?

KevinWhiteJA :

more likely it is the motor that is at fault

JACUSTOMER-r088jqd3- :

yes I can test with meter

KevinWhiteJA :

Ok great

KevinWhiteJA :

please unplug the dishwasher

KevinWhiteJA :

and then disconnect the motor from the unit

JACUSTOMER-r088jqd3- :

done

KevinWhiteJA :

then test it with a multimeter

JACUSTOMER-r088jqd3- :

will do

JACUSTOMER-r088jqd3- :

test resistance?

KevinWhiteJA :

the multimeter should be set to its lowest setting and then Touch the multimeter probes to the empty motor terminals; a resistance reading of zero, or close to zero, indicates a functional motor. After you've checked the motor for resistance, test the ground connection.

KevinWhiteJA :

To test the ground connection...first touch one probe to the bare metal motor housing and the other to each of the terminals; the multimeter shouldn't read resistance for these tests.

KevinWhiteJA :

if the motor fails any of these tests then it should be replaced

KevinWhiteJA :

are you doing it ?

JACUSTOMER-r088jqd3- :

Yeah looks to be fine, I get zero from terminal 1 (ground) to case and zero between 2 & 3 (motor coils) with a build up to 57ohms between either of the coil connections and ground after a few seconds

KevinWhiteJA :

OK great

KevinWhiteJA :

can you test the heater as well

KevinWhiteJA :

for continuity

JACUSTOMER-r088jqd3- :

okay will do

KevinWhiteJA :

ok let me know how it goes

JACUSTOMER-r088jqd3- :

25 ohms across the outside terminals which I presume are the heating element ends.

KevinWhiteJA :

with the element disconnected from the appliance and the meter set to its lowest setting ... right ?

JACUSTOMER-r088jqd3- :

yeah, I pulled of the green and white spade terminal

JACUSTOMER-r088jqd3- :

the checked across the connections on the unit

KevinWhiteJA :

and the meter was set to lowest ?

JACUSTOMER-r088jqd3- :

it's an auto scaling one

JACUSTOMER-r088jqd3- :

sealey TA 202

KevinWhiteJA :

ok great but I just want to know if it was tested on the lowest setting

KevinWhiteJA :

if it was and both the motor & heater tests fine then it is the power module of the unit that is bad and will need replacement

KevinWhiteJA :

Please don't rate the solution till the time you are completely satisfied...If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks