Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

I have a NN-CT870W OVEN PURCHASED FROM AMAZON IN MAY 2013AND

I have a NN-CT870W OVEN PURCHASED FROM AMAZON IN MAY 2013 AND WHEN I SWITCHED IT ON PRESSED THE START BUTTON IT WENT ' POP' AND DIED. THE 13 AMP MAINS FUSE DID NOT BLOW BUT IT TRIPPED THE CIRCUIT BREAKER IN THE DISTRIBUTION BOX. MikeOS

When i removed the cover a 10amp fuse on a circuit board had blown. this fuse blows when you use the microwave, grill or oven.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
This could be a fault with the door latch circuit, it's designed to blow the fuse if the switches don't operate in the correct sequence.

It's still under warranty so you need to get them in to sort this out.

The switches are one possible cause, a fault in the wiring or on an element could cause this too.

You will have proof of purchase in your Amazon account so contact them or Panasonic for repair.

Don't tell them you had it opened up, the warranty would be invalid.

If you are repairing yourself, start with the door switches and see what you find.

It could turn out to be a very expensive repair if the electronics are damaged.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You were right, it was the micro switches operated by the door latch.

If I complete the circuit without the switches (the oven will now work with the door open ) the convection oven and the grill work normally but the micro wave starts up but switches off after 3 seconds. No fuses are blown.

regards Mike

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
Thanks for letting me know.

Good luck with the repair.
You may find the board is damaged, the microwave running for 3 seconds does suggest another fault.

If you haven't already done so, I'd appreciate it if you could rate the help/answer I provided, it's how I'm paid for my time and efforts.