KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

We have a Siemens IQ500 washer dryer. It is only 9 months

Customer Question

We have a Siemens IQ500 washer dryer. It is only 9 months old and the dryer doesn't work. It spins and drains water but it does not heat up.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

Please tell me its complete model number

KevinWhiteJA :

It starts with E nr

JACUSTOMER-6mus0anl- :

Hi the washing machine is currently running so we cant get the ENR number for you. but the model is Siemens IQ500

KevinWhiteJA :

Siemens IQ500 is the type of your appliance

KevinWhiteJA :

the ENR is the model number

JACUSTOMER-6mus0anl- :

Hi I know but we cant get the ENR number as the washing machine is currently in use, it is washing clothes

JACUSTOMER-6mus0anl- :

ENR number is on the inside of the door and the machine is running.

KevinWhiteJA :

no problem...I understand..as it won't heat at all the problem is with the thermostat that is bad and will need replacement

KevinWhiteJA :

some units have a reset inside the back

JACUSTOMER-6mus0anl- :

Hi the machine is only 9 months old and we hardly used the dryer so I cant imagine it would need to be replaced. Whats the reset?

KevinWhiteJA :

after the washer stops you can take the back off the unit and try to press that button to reset it

JACUSTOMER-6mus0anl- :

Could you explain please? We had been told the reset was at the top, is it definitely at the back. What am I look for?

KevinWhiteJA :

I can give you precise information after you can provide the model number

KevinWhiteJA :

once it stops

KevinWhiteJA :

you can get back with the model number

KevinWhiteJA :

prior to that you can unplug it and then take the back off to reset it

KevinWhiteJA :

the reset at the top is used to reset the controls

JACUSTOMER-6mus0anl- :

Ok but that will be in a 1hr 17 mins time. How do we do this without me having to pay again?

KevinWhiteJA :

You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges.....If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service....Thanks

JACUSTOMER-6mus0anl- :

Bit confused how to contact you again? Do I keep this open?

KevinWhiteJA :

You can RATE it and then post back on this or you can leave this open and then come back

JACUSTOMER-6mus0anl- :

I will leave this open as I don't know how to contact you again - to recontact you I would have to repay which I don't want to do obviously as my question hasn't been answered yet. I will of course rate you once you have helped me.

KevinWhiteJA :

OK no problem

JACUSTOMER-6mus0anl- :

KevinWhiteJA :

JACUSTOMER-6mus0anl- :

WK14D540GB/03

JACUSTOMER-6mus0anl- :

I have just sent you the code from the machine. We have taken the back off and we cant see any switch]

KevinWhiteJA :

OK

KevinWhiteJA :

thanks

KevinWhiteJA :

when you try to turn the dryer on does it also give any error code ?

JACUSTOMER-6mus0anl- :

there is no error code

JACUSTOMER-6mus0anl- :

it works as normal but it just doesn't heat and therefore doesn't dry.

JACUSTOMER-6mus0anl- :

we have now taken the top off and there is a red switch here

KevinWhiteJA :

OK

KevinWhiteJA :

press that switch and check if it resets

JACUSTOMER-6mus0anl- :

ok we pressed it so now we have to put it back together to see if it works. i

KevinWhiteJA :

yes that is right

JACUSTOMER-6mus0anl- :

ok I will get back to you once we have tested it. is that OK?

KevinWhiteJA :

ok waiting

JACUSTOMER-6mus0anl- :

thank you, we will be as fast as we can

KevinWhiteJA :

no problem

JACUSTOMER-6mus0anl- :

great

KevinWhiteJA :

did that work ?

JACUSTOMER-6mus0anl- :

Hi we have HEAT! Great, thanks.

KevinWhiteJA :

You're welcome....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance....Have a Good Evening

JACUSTOMER-6mus0anl- :

great, I will leave feedback.

KevinWhiteJA :

Thank You :)

KevinWhiteJA :

Please don't forget to leave a Excellent or Good feedback so that I can get paid for the assistance that I have provided today...Thanks :)