Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Siemens dishwasher (Lady Plus 283) always sticks on rinse

My Siemens dishwasher (Lady Plus 283) always sticks on rinse for ages and there is a great deal of clicking going on. We have tried different programmes and it doesnt make any difference. It is currently on Economy 50 degrees.
Please help.
Marianne
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

When it sticks on cycle does it stay washing all the time or is it stopping?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It keeps washing - my husband says it is stuck on the rinse cycle. It does not stop.

M

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok if you stop it and start a new wash cycle will it drain the water out?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We dont know because we haven not doen this. It eventually stops. It stopped today after 3 hours. The water is drained out.

M

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

No worries if its draining out then that's what I wanted to know.

Theres a few things which can cause this to stick on a rinse cycle. Either broken wiring in the door harness or the timer.

To check the wiring you need to take the outer door panel off and from there you will see the wiring in the harness. Check the wires in there and give them all a tug and see if any are broken.

But if the wiring is all fine then its looking like it may be a faulty timer control here im afraid.