Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

Hello I have an aeg lavamat turbo protex the door refuses to

Hello I have an aeg lavamat turbo protex the door refuses to open. Water is drained and drain pump reservoir is clear. Start/pause button flashing and when pressed it makes a series of strange clicking noises. Door handle is firm and not floppy or broken can anyone please advise thank you
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
Unplug the appliance.
Wait 10 minutes.
Try opening the door while it's unplugged.
Does it open?

Can you post the model number of the appliance please?
It should be on the facia.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I will try and unplug for 10 mins as stated I will then try to open the door and will let you know. The details of the machine is AEG lavamat-turbo protex model is L75470FL
It's a washer dryer
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, just post when you've tried it.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hello we tried to open the door whilst it was unplugged but no luck we have just now plugged it back in and still door does not open . All it did was make 5 clicking noises once power was returned.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, plugged in the clicking noise, is it from the door lock?

When it's unplugged the door lock will release.
If it won't open, the door lock has failed and is jammed.

Shame you plugged it in again.
Unplug it.
Wait 10 minutes.
Without breaking or damaging the machine, give the door handle/lock area a couple of good thumps.
Try opening the door again.

If the lock is jammed, this may jar it loose and allow the door to open.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hello have tried again unplugged and tried to open normally and then thumping the lock/handle but still nothing
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, if, as you posted earlier, there's nothing wrong with the door handle assembly, it points to a jammed lock.

There isn't a lot of room to work on this machine but, unplug it (if you've plugged it in again), drag the machine out and take the top off.

Push the tub back (wedge it if you can) and reach down the front inside to the door lock.
See if you can push the door latch pin over to open the door.
If it won't open, you'll need to twist the lock side to side, up and down, to get it off of the screws holding it in place. (if it's the clip into place lock you have to try and unclip it using this method).

Once it's off, lift it off of the latch pin and open the door.

You will need, at the very least, a new door lock.

Check it out, see how you get on and get back to me.

Hope this helps