Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My Odea Giro stopped working with descale and empty dump-box

My Odea Giro stopped working with descale and empty dump-box lights flashing alternately. I removed the brew group (by releasing the water inlet connector), lubricated it, re-fitted the connector, and ran the motor (by defeating the brew-group detector) until it stopped. However, with the brew-group set ot its "zero" position, the motor seems to have stopped at the wrong point, with the lobes on the drive shaft not matching the slots in the brew-group. Looking at the end of the drive shaft, the two largest lobes are at, respectively, slightly before 12 o'clock and slightly before 3 o'clock, which sems to be about t 20-30 degrees too far clockwise.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Good morning,
May I have the full model #?
Also how old is the coffee maker?
And will the motor run at all?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Model is Saeco Odea Giro (Orange)

age is now probably 3 or 4 years

Motor runs, and sounds OK, but seems to be stopping out of position at the end of its cycle.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Thank you for that information.
This model had a few units that this happened to. The issue is related to the main control board in the unit.
To fix this that part needs to be replaced, its not difficult to replace and I will help you if you want to make this repair yourself?
Please let me know of if you need a good location to send it in for repair?
Im here for you and I will stick with you unitl this is fixed but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you XXXXX
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Are you saying that the main board can be repaired, or that it must be replaced? And do you have any idea of the costs of repair or replacement?

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi they don't fix them anymore just replace unfortunately.
But I can help you locate the board or even a place to send it for this repair, just let me know what you wold like to do, it is an expensive unit.
I'm here for you Please rate kindly so I can set up the free follow ups so we don't lose contact, it cost nothing more to do that;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Forgive me for pursuing this, but the last time I had a machine that needed a new main board (a Saeco Vienna), the cost of a new board (part only, fitting extra!) was greater than the cost of a new machine. I am happy to dismantle the machine and fit a new board, but only if the price of a new board is reasonable - if the price gets too high the job is simply not worth doing.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi I agree with you on this.
The best place for these parts
150 B Greenford Road,
Harrow,
Middlesex,
HA1 3QP

Opening hours:
Mon-Fri 9am - 5pm

Tel.: 020 330 55 845 (not payment line)

Part Enquiry Steps:
1,Finding your coffee machine on our shop is easy!
Just choose your Make from the main menu line "Gaggia Parts"or "Saeco Parts" >>>> "Manual" or "Beantocup" >>>>>"Click on your coffee machine",
2,Download the Part diagram you find on your coffee maker`s page,
3,Find your part on the diagram (if not listed on the site),

4, Fill in the Part Enquiry Form
You must give part number and name as per form!
Here is there website as well, please visit that and call them, its the best way to do this.
http://www.gaggia-parts.co.uk/epages/es147467.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es147467/Categories/Imprint
Im here when you need me.
Tech Michael

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That's great information - thanks very much.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi You are very welcome, if you will rate kindly I will lock u in no additional cost for this.
I'm here to be helpful I need my coffee too lol!
Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.