Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hi Tech, the ignition electrode on my Creda Europa S230G constantly

Hi Tech, the ignition electrode on my Creda Europa S230G constantly arcs away once the oven burner is lit. The burner does move from low to high flame once alight. Was wondering if the electrode is supposed to sense the flame like what you find central heating boilers. In other words flame rectification. Would be grateful for some advice. Thanks.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
Please explain the flame better? How is it burning?
Also how old the oven is?
And, does it continue to arch the whole time the oven is on?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Tech Michael,

I can't put an age on the appliance since it came with the purchase of my property 3yrs ago. As to how the appliance is functioning........ When lighting the oven the spark electrode lights the burner. The flame remains low for about 30 - 40 seconds then moves to high flame. Flame picture & colour seem normal. Although the burner is alight the ignition electrode continues to produce a spark resulting in a constant ticking throughout the cooking process. I am knowledgeable with gas appliances and controls but have never had this problem with an oven. Was wondering if the spark electrode also acts as a flame recognition device/ sensor.
I hope i've given you enough info.

Rob.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Rob, thanks for that helpful information.
Yes there is a sensor, its actually called a thermocouple. What it does is will keep the clicking going on as long as gas is flowing and until it can tell that the flame is working correctly.
But it sounds to me that this may not be the case, it sounds more like the gas isnt flowing at full force or the burner tube needs cleaning.
I would really recommend a professional cleaning as I think that is all this one needs. It may need the thermocouple but before replacing parts is would be cheaper and also it sounds as if this one needs a basic service is all. It should be done once every two years;-)
I will stick with you until this is fixed and will help you if you think you can do the repair but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you Rob.
Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.