KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Hi, CDA WC140 IN dishwasher on draining, I have cleaned filter

Hi, CDA WC140 IN dishwasher on draining, I have cleaned filter (& washer arms whilst I was there), I have tried to flush pipes through with water as I have done before but this time it will not drain away. All 3 (salt, rinse aid & end) lights were flashing & the warning beeping sound was there. Can you help, cheers, Andy.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is it ?

KevinWhiteJA :

Do you hear a hum sound from the bottom ?

Customer:

Hi, sorry, didn't notice time, been working on it all morning & had to do school run.

Customer:

No hum noise that I remember, Its about 4 to 5 years old.

KevinWhiteJA :

OK

KevinWhiteJA :

as you have already tried to clean the drain pump and everything can you also pull it out and lay it on its side by around 45 degrees so that if there is any water in there it comes off

KevinWhiteJA :

if this won't help then the drain pump will need replacement

Customer:

Do you mean remove the whole dishwasher or the drain pump? if so, how do I remove that?

KevinWhiteJA :

you will have to pull it out and then take off the bottom panel to replace the drain pump

KevinWhiteJA :

CDA WC140IN-0 Drain Pump
Full Size Image

KevinWhiteJA :

this is the drain pump for your dishwasher

Customer:

Damn, thats going to take some time & work, its a sealed fitted unit. Its doable though.

KevinWhiteJA :

you can also try to clean everything before replacing the pump

KevinWhiteJA :

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer:

Aye, I'm going to try some more cleaning first, see if that works, if not I'll do the pump. Thanks for advice & time Kevin. If it goes belly up, is it ok to contact you again?

KevinWhiteJA :

Sure no problem...You can get back to me anytime if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges....

KevinWhiteJA :

Andy, Is there anything else I can assist you with today ?

Customer:

Ok, (sorry about this) I've just turned machine on & there is a Hum, the lights flashing are the 55c, 50c eco, the rinse light & the End light. not my day today.

KevinWhiteJA :

OK was just checking

KevinWhiteJA :

that is not a valid error code

KevinWhiteJA :

so you can pull the unit out and then clean it completely

KevinWhiteJA :

you can put the unit on its left side

KevinWhiteJA :

then take the base off

KevinWhiteJA :

and take out the pump to clean it completely

KevinWhiteJA :

also clean the sump completely

KevinWhiteJA :

the problem should be solved

Customer:

Ok fab, I will try all of these & with luck get it up & running again. Thanks mate:)

KevinWhiteJA :

You're welcome :) ....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance....Have a Good Day Andy

Customer:

Aye, & you.

KevinWhiteJA :

Cheers :)

KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Worked on appliances for more than 15 years