canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

My dishwasher (SE25M276GB) is continually filling with water,

Customer Question

My dishwasher (SE25M276GB) is continually filling with water, the pump then drains some water and then fills again. There is also a gurgling sound every 5-10 secs as the water fills. I have checked the anti-flood mechanism at the side and the water is gradually going into the red chamber therefore starting the pump. There is no water in the base by the polystyrene ring.
Is this a problem with the water inlet valve?
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 3 years ago.

canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. Have you checked the outlet pipe? Cleaned the filter?

Customer:

Water is being pumped out. Dishwasher was bought (secondhand) yesterday and has been connected this morning.

canuck the pro :

If the filter is clear and the drain is clear then either there is something trapped in the inlet valve or the valve needs replacement. Certainly that.

Customer:

Do I need to take the inlet valve off to check it?

canuck the pro :

Yes. It is not very difficult at all. Turn the water and power off, disconnect the water supply and the water supply is connected to the valve. Remove the screws and pull it out a bit and disconnect the hose clamp that holds it on.

Customer:

Ok I will try that. Can I come back afterwards? (First time I have used this site)

canuck the pro :

Oh yes. I will also leave the question open even after you rate my service in case something new comes up. You can still ask questions then also and I will always respond. Mike

Customer:

Mike

Customer:

Mike, I have removed the inlet valve (including the round white thingy!) and replaced it with the inlet valve from my Bosch dishwasher that died at the weekend. A bit fiddly! Just going through a full wash cycle to see if everything else is OK. Fingers crossed.

canuck the pro :

Sorry for any delayed response I had to run out for an emergency plumbing call I will be away but I will check in every time my hands are free

canuck the pro :

Excellent idea to use the valve from the other dishwasher by the way!

canuck the pro :

I know there have been troubles with the rating system. Let me know if you have troubles. Has the valve solved the issue?

Customer:

Sorry, been out for the afternoon. Dishwasher seems to be working fine now, thanks. Rather pleased with myself getting it going! (female 63years old !!) Just wondering if any more parts should be removed from the old dishwasher before it gets tipped??

canuck the pro :

I'm pretty proud of you too! That was way better than waiting for it. I doubt any other parts will be compatible. Might as well junk it.

canuck the pro :

We have been having trouble with the rating system so let me know if you have the same troubles.

Customer:

Thanks Mike for your help, will certainly use this site again.

Great to hear! You are very welcome and thank you too.