Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

On our creda 361e cooker, front left hotplate comes on briefly

Customer Question

On our creda 361e cooker, front left hotplate comes on briefly even if the cooker isn't in use. Can you help
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
How old is your cooker?
Also how long will it stay on and is it confined only to the one left front hotplate?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

5 /6 years old
It stays on for a second or two but enough for the "hot warning light to operate"
Yes it is just the front left hotplate
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi thats a good thing;-)
There is a sensor in that hotplate at needs to be replaced, don't worry I will help you if you are a bit handy and have the basic hand tools.
Please let me know if thats the way you would like to persue this, I will stick with you until this is fixed, also I can help you locate part at the best place;-)
\Please let me know and since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you XXXXX
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I would like to continue in the way you suggest. Please let me know where I can buy a replacement sensor. Do I need to rate your service at present, this would be high. If it helps about a parts supplier I live in the Manchester area.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi it would be good to rate now it wont cost you anything more, i will lock us in so I can guide you with this;-)
The best plac to get that is Espares, but let me ask, did you recently clean the top before this happened?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I clean the top regularly with a cloth . It is now late in the U.K. And I will rate you in the morning. Thanks
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi thats fine have great night, Im working on this for you!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Have rated your service now, thanks for your help and hope to hear from you soon
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi just to be sure is yours electric or gas?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Electric
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Where are yo located, please be detailed.
Thank you;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We live in Stockport Cheshire which is 7 miles south of Manchester, but the cooker is at our holiday home in Anglesey Wales. We hope to buy the replacement part using our Stockport address.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi G,
I will check for you , but it will be tomorrow as we are in the US so our stores are closed until then.
Thank you for your patience!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok Michael wait to hear from you
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi, Please try Espares first to see if they have it.
0844 9777 888

Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays

Calls from within the UK are charged at 5p per minute including VAT from BT landlines, other networks and mobile companies may vary.

For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.

Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.

If not please let me know, I am also doing further research for you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Michael is there a part number?
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi, they all use their own #s lol. When you can them they should be able to tell you that, but I can find you the manufacturers part # but not until Monday morning, don't worry I will get this for you, I take this work very seriously;-)
Have a great weekend!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Michael have you managed to get a part number or full description thanks
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi G, I am working on that for you sorry for the delay I will be in touch with that information today or tomorrow, just waiting on the tech in their shop;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Michael

Any luck with the part number. According to the Creda instruction book the front left hand hob is described as a 1200 Watt solarglo. If you can't find the part number is the term you used of a sensor one that a parts supplier would necognise.
Thanks for your help so far
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi G, your welcome,
Have you called Espares on this?
0844 9777 888

All you need is your model # to get the part . Please let me know.
Tech Michael