canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

I have a Kenwood Major and cant get the k beater out. The

I have a Kenwood Major and can't get the k beater out. The two little prongs on the beater are out but the rest of the shaft is stuck.
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 3 years ago.

canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. If you turn the beater the opposite way that it spins during use. You may have to turn it quite firmly but what has happened is that the teeth have become misaligned and are no longer in the slots.

canuck the pro :

So you will be turning it like that to get it aligned again.

Customer: Hi Mike,
canuck the pro :

Hi there

Customer: Hi Mike, I removed the drive shaft assembly so that I could grip the cog whilst turning the shaft of the k beater the opposite way and eventually it came out. I can't really out how or why it got so stuck and am worried it will happen again. Any tips to prevent that happening, please?
canuck the pro :

If you look at the cog is it stripped on the slotted spot at all? There is also an adjustment screw to tighten so that it fits tighter.

Customer: Hi Mike, I removed the drive shaft assembly so that I could grip the cog with pliers whilst turning the shaft of the K beater the other way. After much turning and pulling it came out but I can't understand how it got stuck in the first place. Any tips to prevent it happening again, please?
canuck the pro :

It is not fitting as tightly as it used to. I believe there is a screw to tighten it.

canuck the pro :

Do you see a cover on the top? There is a tightening screw there. What had happened is that it was loosening from use and got stuck in between slots. Tightening that screw a bit so that the cog fits snugly will prevent it from happening again.

canuck the pro :

Were you able to tighten it?

canuck the pro :

I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful?

Customer:

Sorry - not had chance to check until now. Yes, think we've solved the problem. Many thanks. Will rate now.