KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Hi my washing machine was on cycle but my husband thought

Customer Question

Hi my washing machine was on cycle but my husband thought it had finished and tried opening the door . It is now showing paused and will not restart even when paused is off. Please help .
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is it ?

JACUSTOMER-4rm8p7bg- :

A couple of yrs mayb 3

KevinWhiteJA :

Please unplug the washer for around 3 minutes

KevinWhiteJA :

then plug it back and press & hold the START button for around 15 seconds

JACUSTOMER-4rm8p7bg- :

Ok doing that now

KevinWhiteJA :

ok

KevinWhiteJA :

let me know how it goes

JACUSTOMER-4rm8p7bg- :

No difference to be honest

KevinWhiteJA :

are you able to open the door ?

JACUSTOMER-4rm8p7bg- :

No

KevinWhiteJA :

ok can you unplug the unit and then take off the bottom front panel

KevinWhiteJA :

to clean the drain pump filter assembly

JACUSTOMER-4rm8p7bg- :

Ok hubby doing that now

KevinWhiteJA :

ok

JACUSTOMER-4rm8p7bg- :

Is it the black round thing !! Do we unscrew it

KevinWhiteJA :

Yes you can try to turn it anticlock wise

JACUSTOMER-4rm8p7bg- :

Ok turned it a small amount of water has come out

KevinWhiteJA :

with the washer unplugged try to clean it completely and then check if you are able to open the door

JACUSTOMER-4rm8p7bg- :

Cleaned a little as much as we can but still unable to open door

KevinWhiteJA :

and there is no error code and the washer is completely unplugged

JACUSTOMER-4rm8p7bg- :

Yes completely unplugged no error code

JACUSTOMER-4rm8p7bg- :

Whats happening now have you left us

KevinWhiteJA :

No

KevinWhiteJA :

I was checking the parts

JACUSTOMER-4rm8p7bg- :

Aw ok .sorry

KevinWhiteJA :

Can you try to run a spin or a rinse and spin cycle and closely check if the small impeller is working fine

JACUSTOMER-4rm8p7bg- :

Wont let me do a spin or rinse wont let me do anything .

KevinWhiteJA :

and if you press and hold the START Button for 20 seconds the controls wont reset ...right ?

JACUSTOMER-4rm8p7bg- :

Yes right

KevinWhiteJA :

ok

KevinWhiteJA :

the water is still in there ... right ?

JACUSTOMER-4rm8p7bg- :

Yes

KevinWhiteJA :

Please pull the unit out and then check the drain hose and were it drains out to. If it goes under a sink then you need to take off the spigot and make sure this is clear. After this, remove the hose connecting to the drain pump and clean the drain pump assembly completely...all the water should come out...if the door won't open after all this is done then the problem is with the door interlock assembly which will need replacement...if the door wont open after you have completely cleaned it then you will have to take the lid off the unit and then the front panel will come off to replace the door interlock mechanism

KevinWhiteJA :

a new door interlock will cost around £22

JACUSTOMER-4rm8p7bg- :

Ok thank you for your help

KevinWhiteJA :

Sorry about the bad news...If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service ....Thanks

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, Did that help .... Please don't rate the solution till the time you are completely satisfied...If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks