canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

WM1280FHD washing machine. When it is plugged in, it makes

WM1280FHD washing machine. When it is plugged in, it makes one beep, but the display doesn't light up to allow use of the machine.
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 3 years ago.

canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. Possibly the connector on the display PCB has come loose....I hope at least or the board is bad. Are you going to fix it yourself or are you getting an idea before calling someone out?

Customer:

I'll open the machine and have a look, but I may have to get an expert. Might the PCB need replaced and if so what might that cost?

canuck the pro :

For the replacement board alone would be about 75 £

canuck the pro :

When you remove it you may find signs that will indicate the board is bad like scorch marks. Hopefully it is just a loose connection which is pretty likely.