Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

I am having a new kitchen and builders have installed a new

Customer Question

I am having a new kitchen and builders have installed a new Neff induction hob. Neff T40B31X2GB Frameless 4 Zone Induction Hob. There is a 1-2mm gap all around the hob between the worktop and hob. This is unheigenic and will trap dirt. Should the hob sit flat on the worktop or should they have put a plastic mount around it. Please advise a.s.a.p before the builders go
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
This hob can be fitted in two ways.

One, it's fitted so that it's flush with the worktop.
It sits in a rebate in the worktop and the top of the hob is the same level as the top of the worktop.

Around it's edge they should be using a sealant to match the worktop or the hob top. (the hob top is black and black sealant matches best).

This should give you a seamless finish (or as near seamless as possible).

Two, it sits on top of a bead of sealant on top of the worktop, so the cut out is smaller than the worktop.
There would be no visible gap between worktop and hob top.

Figure out which method they've used and get them to complete with the sealant.

Hope this helps