Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Gas cooker specialist
46681511

my creda storage heaters were installed in 2002 and they have

my creda storage heaters were installed in 2002 and they have never worked properly since new. They work on economy 7, the first night they are switched on they push out heat throughout the day which is fine, after the first day they push out less and less heat, by the forth day very little heat is being pushed out. Can you tell me what can be done to correct the problem
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 3 years ago.

XXXXX XXXXX :

Do you have a charge setting and an output setting?

Customer:

no, just a booster button

XXXXX XXXXX :

How do set the tempeature they run and charge at?

XXXXX XXXXX :

Can you get the information from the label - usually underneath or under the flap on the top?

Customer:

i quote from the newera creda information booklet " the surface temperatures of this heater are within the requirements of EN60-335.

XXXXX XXXXX :

That's a British Standard number

XXXXX XXXXX :

Is there a model number on the front of the book?

Customer:

living room model no. 70309 , bedroom model no. 79349S

XXXXX XXXXX :

Sorry that is a serial number - I need a model number or name before I can dig out a wiring diagram

XXXXX XXXXX :

No, I have found it

XXXXX XXXXX :

Give me 5 minutes

Customer:

cat. nos.12cw for bedroom, cnt18fw for living room

XXXXX XXXXX :

http://www.voltimum.co.uk/files/gb/attachments/cru/p/credadirectory.pdf

XXXXX XXXXX :

Can you confirm page 13 is your heater?

XXXXX XXXXX :

Page 14 for the bedroom heater

Customer:

all info i have are assembly instructions which mention credanet 'house address tables', 'heater board settings' and' control zone settings' , do you think if i gave this info to an electrician would he be able to sort the problem out ?

XXXXX XXXXX :

From the link - are your heaters as page 13 and 14?

XXXXX XXXXX :

Once you identify them I should be able to source the instructions for you and save an electrician's call out

Customer:

yes they are

XXXXX XXXXX :

OK, let me look into the settings and controls for you

XXXXX XXXXX :

You need to make sure the heat charge setting is at maximum, do not turn the boost on unless absolutely necessary. The heat charge will last longer if the output temperature is set lower.

XXXXX XXXXX :

Do you have wall controllers for them?

Customer:

no wall controller

XXXXX XXXXX :

Ok, are you able to upload a phot of the top panel under the cover?

Customer:

sorry there is a wall controller horstman credanet newer

XXXXX XXXXX :

ok, the controller is used to run the heater - what do you have it set to athe the moment?

Customer:

zone 1 & 2, reads 14 degrees, then at 12.00 hours the temp reading will change to 20 degrees for 2 hours then at 17.30 hrs till 22.30hrs the temp setting will change to 24 degrees but for some reason the booster will come on to achieve the temperature. But really, i would be happy for the heaters to perform the way they should. to give out heat each day and not decrease each day, which is what is happening now

XXXXX XXXXX :

You are running out of heat then, that is why the boost is coming on

XXXXX XXXXX :

You will have to either run them cooler or for a short time for them to last until the end of the day

XXXXX XXXXX :

It is like a rechargeable battery of heat

XXXXX XXXXX :

Perhaps 24 degrees is a bit high, you could try 21 or 22 degrees and see if it lasts without the boost coming on?

Customer:

ok thank you, XXXXX XXXXX we have gone as far as we can, i need a electrician and show him all the info that is at my disposal

XXXXX XXXXX :

No problem = come back if you get stuck