KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

have a fairly old panaonic microwave, it has been working o.k.

have a fairly old panaonic microwave, it has been working o.k. but on opening the oven last night it smelt of fish, washed it out well this morning, still smells of fish and have not cooked fish for months. Really only use it for heating up frozen peas, baked beans, and milk. A bit concerned in case it is an electrical fault and it should not be used.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

Please follow these steps to remove the smell and let me know how it goes

KevinWhiteJA :

First, take a microwave safe bowl and pour water in it...then place it inside till the time it starts boiling

KevinWhiteJA :

after it boils take it out and pour either vinegar or lime juice in that bowl and then run it in a normal cycle for around 5 minutes

KevinWhiteJA :

then take a kitchen towel and pour some salt on it ....and with the microwave unplugged clean it from inside completely

KevinWhiteJA :

the problem should be resolved after all this is done

KevinWhiteJA :

Please don't rate the solution till the time you are completely satisfied...If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer:

Many thanks seems to have worked a treat. Can you now tell me how to reset the clock as I cannot find the instructions booklet

KevinWhiteJA :

Great :) Please tell me its model number

Customer:

NN-E225MB BPQ

KevinWhiteJA :

To set the Clock press the clock once

KevinWhiteJA :

here is the Manual

KevinWhiteJA :

You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges.....Is there anything else I can assist you with today ?

Customer:

Apparently clock does not work any more but hopefully cooker will now keep going for a little while yet.

KevinWhiteJA :

It will work let it remain unplugged for a while and then check

Customer:

KevinWhiteJA :

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks :)

KevinWhiteJA :

Please don't forget to leave a Excellent or Good feedback so that I can get paid for the assistance that I have provided today...Thanks :)

Customer:

All done and everything is o.k. thanks very much indeed

KevinWhiteJA :

You're welcome....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance....Have a Good Day :)