canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

I have a whirlpool awz8576 and there are 3 red lights that

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool awz8576 and there are 3 red lights that are flashing which are clean filter, empty bottle and clean heat exchanger can you tell me how to stop this, I have done all of the above
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 3 years ago.

canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is Mike and I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. Is it in an unheated area? If so has it been colder than usual in there?

JACUSTOMER-p78lg2hc- : It's in the garage not unusually cold no
canuck the pro :

Sometimes when they are cold it will have that affect. If you unplug for about 30 minutes it should reset it.

JACUSTOMER-p78lg2hc- : Ok if that doesn't help?
canuck the pro :

There may be a fault with the control board or a blockage. If you remove the filter is there anything that has gotten behind it?

JACUSTOMER-p78lg2hc- : I can't feel anything, if I come back in 30 mins after I've unplugged it can i still chat to you?
canuck the pro :

If that does not help then we will continue to work together to get it solved. If you have a space heater it may be a good idea to put that in there and warm the area. It could just be caused from the cooler air. Yes we will still work together to solve the issue. I am about to go out to a school function so my responses may be delayed but I will respond.

JACUSTOMER-p78lg2hc- : It's ok I'm about to walk the dogs ill keep this window open, have fun!
canuck the pro :

Great! I'll be back in a couple hours but I'll also check in periodically

JACUSTOMER-p78lg2hc- : I've plugged it back in but still the same thing, I'm going to try and find a space heater
canuck the pro :

Great! While you have the heater on you might as well leave it unplugged. It may take a while to get warm in there.