KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Hi there we have an awoe9140 thats frozen. Its at end

Hi there

we have an awoe9140 that's frozen. It's at end of cylcle and was showing 'clean drain' lit. My wife cleaned the detergent draw and the light went out but we have since been unable to make it run a program. you press start and it just flashes - no error message displayed.
I'm sure drain is not the draw so perhaps you could advise on best way to reset machine and where drain is located for cleaning - many thanks. Simon Herts
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is it ?

Customer:

Hello - 2012

KevinWhiteJA :

the clean drain light is lit or does it flash as well ?

Customer:

It was lit originally but not any more.

Customer:

rest of lights all normal - just won't click into a program - have tried switching it off and waiting but no change from that

KevinWhiteJA :

Ok can you pull it out to clean the drain pump assembly completely...it has to come out and then you will have to clean it

KevinWhiteJA :

after this lay it on its side and then make sure nothin is clogged in anywhere

Customer:

is this located at front of machine at bottom or the back?

KevinWhiteJA :

with the washer unplugged.... Unclip the plastic trim panel across the bottom of the machine (front) to reveal the circular pump filter cover. Unscrew this cover with your fingers and remove any debris inside ...after this is done lay it by around 45 degrees so that if there is any water it comes out completely

Customer:

it feels like the machine is still full of water and as i turn black cover it releases water - will this then pour out?

KevinWhiteJA :

Yes right

KevinWhiteJA :

I believe after cleaning everything the problem should be solved

KevinWhiteJA :

please let me know how it goes

Customer:

ok thanks

KevinWhiteJA :

Please don't rate the solution till the time you are completely satisfied...If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer:

thanks