canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

no motor action just pumps out even when wash prog selected

Customer Question

no motor action just pumps out even when wash prog selected no water in machine
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 3 years ago.

canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. Is there no water entering the machine or is the water not staying in the machine and it is getting pumped out?

Customer:

nowa

Customer:

no water entering

canuck the pro :

If you disconnect the water hose, there is a screen there is it clear? This is a washing machine not a dishwasher?

Customer:

filter in water valve clear its a washing machine no motor action on spin cycle

canuck the pro :

It will not spin if there is no water to activate the float switch. Can you check to see that the water valve is getting voltage? Do you have a multimeter?

Customer:

power at water valve when I blow in to pressure switch there is no click

canuck the pro :

If you take the pressure switch apart, how does the diaphragm look inside it?

Customer:

its a sealed unit

canuck the pro :

I am not sure you would hear a click blowing into the pressure switch. Also the water entering activates the pressure switch to activate the cycle. Since you have power to the water valve and there is no water entering I think your problem is more in the solenoid in the water valve.

canuck the pro :

If you remove the water valve and can access the filter in the water valve. There must be a blockage in it.

canuck the pro :

If you look where the water connects to the water valve there is a plastic screen there that if you grab with some needle nose pliers can pull straight out. See if there is a blockage there that is keeping the water from entering. The problem may also be in the solenoid and a piece of grit may be stuck in it. Hopefully you can repair it without replacing it.

Customer:

all clear think i will have to call appliance doctor out

canuck the pro :

Ok well if you do decide to repair yourself I am glad to help.

canuck the pro :

If you are a bit handy the water valve is not very difficult to replace. Did you say you had a multimeter? Do you know how to use it?

Customer:

I,ll let you know result when they have been out

canuck the pro :

Very good.

canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience: Plumber
Expert:  Anthony F. replied 3 years ago.

Incoorect information
IT WILL SPIN with no water
It will not spin if the pressure switch is bad and the washer thinks its full this will also cause it to go into FLOOD mode and the drain pump will run continously until the float switch says its empty
it also WILL NOT fill with any water until the pressure sw says the washer is empty

Replace the Pressure switch

I have not heard from you and I am wondering if you had gotten a chance to try what I have suggested? Sorry for the confusing alternative information. I will be here when needed. Respond whenever you are ready. Mike.
I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful? If you have any questions at all please let me know. If it was the information you were looking for please indicate that you are ready to positively rate my service. Thank you, Mike
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it was a broken wire (open circuit ) at motor plug

ah very good.