canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

Hi my XXXXX XXXXX major titanium has stopped working. I used

Customer Question

Hi my XXXXX XXXXX major titanium has stopped working. I used it this morning and have just put the bowl and paddle back on to make another cake and it just won't turn on.

I've tried changing the fuse but that doesn't work. I've used a different plug and that isn't working, any suggestions? I run a cake business and need to make a cake and a lot of buttercream this evening.
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 3 years ago.

canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. Does it usually run without the paddles in it? Have you tried removing the paddles and replacing them? Possibly the paddle is not seated very well or the contact is wearing. Sounds like it has to be something simple considering the recent use.

JACUSTOMER-cd6itk1a- :

Hi, yes it usually runs without the paddles and I've tried using other attachments and that doesn't work either

canuck the pro :

Have you tried a different appliance in the plug that you had it plugged into?

JACUSTOMER-cd6itk1a- :

yes, they all work

canuck the pro :

Do you have a multi-meter? Can you check that the fuse is good although it is new?

JACUSTOMER-cd6itk1a- :

What is a multi meter? I checked the fuse in the XXXXX XXXXX plug in an extension lead plug and it worked. I also put a new fuse in the XXXXX XXXXX plug and that didn't work

canuck the pro :

Is it the correct size fuse? Did the old fuse look blown? A multi-meter is this

Full Size Image

canuck the pro :

For checking voltages

canuck the pro :

Does it hum or anything like that or is it just dead?

JACUSTOMER-cd6itk1a- :

Yes I replaced it with another 13amp fuse. No the one from the machine didn't look blown

JACUSTOMER-cd6itk1a- :

No I don't have a multi meter

JACUSTOMER-cd6itk1a- :

No humming, just nothing. I turn it on and there's nothing, no noise, movement or anything

canuck the pro :

Are the prongs loose? If you wiggle the prongs that plug into the wall are any of them loose? If not then when you plug it into the wall and wiggle the cord a bit at the base of the plug or the base of where it connects while it is on does anything happen then?

JACUSTOMER-cd6itk1a- :

have done all of that and still nothing

canuck the pro :

The next thing would be exploratory surgery to see if a connection has come loose internally.

JACUSTOMER-cd6itk1a- :

I've wiggled the wires and they are all fine

JACUSTOMER-cd6itk1a- :

I don't understand how it can have worked this morning and then stopped without me moving it later on today if there's a loose connection?

canuck the pro :

If you are certain that the outlet still has power and all externally is fine that would be the next thing. I don't know if you have a warranty but that would certainly void it. I would think the issue would be that the switch is shorted. If you plug it in and move turn it on and off (I assume you have done this too) the switch may have come loose as the machine does vibrate quite a bit. There isn't much we can do besides surgery. If it is outside your comfort level I understand.

JACUSTOMER-cd6itk1a- :

yes I think this is outside my comfort zone. I think I'll have to call XXXXX XXXXX themselves, hope I'm still in my warranty and then get someone to fix it.

JACUSTOMER-cd6itk1a- :

Thank you thought

canuck the pro :

You are very welcome. Sorry it had to be that way. I am sure it is a quick fix internally. I would think that the only other thing you can do is try another fuse or try another power cable. That may be everything you could try on your own. I feel the urgency, if you have trouble with the rating system let me know, it has not been working well for a few days but it will be fixed soon. If you would leave a negative rating I would rather no rating at all though. Best wishes, Mike

JACUSTOMER-cd6itk1a- :

ok, I don't want to give you a bad rating but I also don't want to pay as this hasn't fixed my machine. So how do I do this?

canuck the pro :

I will submit for a refund then.