canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

My dishwasher tablet is lying on floor of machine after cycle

Customer Question

My dishwasher tablet is lying on floor of machine after cycle ends therefore not cleaning dishes the water is very hot as normal
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 3 years ago.

canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is Mike and I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. Have you cleaned the filter of the dishwasher?

JACUSTOMER-mws8q55m- :

Yes

canuck the pro :

Is the water entering the dishwasher?

canuck the pro :

Does the tablet seem to have been wet?

canuck the pro :

Had you always placed the tablet in the bottom of the dishwasher?

JACUSTOMER-mws8q55m- :

The tablet is damp and is placed in dispenser at start of cycle and hot water isentering as normal

canuck the pro :

Possibly the door is sticking . Try placing the tablet in the bottom of the dishwasher to start with. Just don't place it on the element.

canuck the pro :

The door may be sticking and releasing the tablet too late. Either that or the water is not staying in the dishwasher. Does it seem to pump out right away or do all functions seem normal?

JACUSTOMER-mws8q55m- :

All functions seem normal I will try placing tablet on boottom of machine at startle

canuck the pro :

The other thing it may be is the float may be sticking and the water may not be staying in the basin and just getting pumped out before the tablet can dissolve. Less likely that is the issue but possible. Almost certainly the soap door is sticking and not opening when it should and releasing the tablet too late.

JACUSTOMER-mws8q55m- :

Will try this

canuck the pro :

Very good.

JACUSTOMER-mws8q55m- :

Thanks for now

canuck the pro :

You are very welcome.

canuck the pro :

Did the wash do much better with the tablet in the bottom?

canuck the pro :

I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful?

canuck the pro :

If using the tablet in the bottom of the dishwasher did not help solve the issue certainly let me know so that I can help further. Mike.

canuck the pro :

Any comment at all will help get us going. I am here to help any time you are ready. Mike

canuck the pro :

canuck the pro :

I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful? If you have any questions at all please let me know. If it was the information you were looking for please indicate that you are ready to positively rate my service. Thank you, Mike