Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have an AEG Lavamat w1230 (PNC 914 002 182 00) which suddenly

Customer Question

I have an AEG Lavamat w1230 (PNC 914 002 182 00) which suddenly will not fill, worked one day and not the next?

The machine goes through its cycles, i.e. the drum slowly turns as if filling up with water but no water enters machine. The machine spins, yet i have not heard the drain pump turn over?

Checked water getting to the machine; fine, nice and clean
Checked drain filter to see what state the machine is in; it was relatively clean.

Went online to the AEG UK parts site and did some homework, suspected it maybe the
Washing Machine Solenoid valve, (Part No 110 09 91 - 52/8) so bought one and installed it, no joy.

I then had a look at the two pressure switches; could blow down both pipes into drum and when blowing into the pressure switches could hear them click.

So what is the problem? Help, and thanks...
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I would like to help you. Do you have a meter for testing or maybe even a test light.
Let me ask, does it not fill if you select hot or cold?
Thats important.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Michael

I have an electical test meter at hand

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The machine only has a cold feed.

I have not tried to adjust the water temperature, currently set on 40

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have poured some water into the machine and tried to pump it out, nothing. The machine will not pump out water either.

The original problem was no water entering the machine, it now appears the machine will not pump out either.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi thanks for that info,
What you need to test first is the power going to the washers water inlet valve. Please let me know the value in AC volts when the unit is supposed to be filing.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
110 volts was the reading.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi that really sounds like the solenoid is defective, because if you have power there at the valve, and the water supply is on, it will fill.
On that machine thats the onlt thing that would make or break it
I will stick with you until this is fixed but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you XXXXX
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Been thinking about the problem; as you said, if the inlet valve is receiving electrical power and the water is getting to the unit, why does'nt it fill? Bizzare!!

I took the valve of the dispenser unit to see if it was blocked behind in the dispenser unit, it is not. Also turned the machine on with the unit removed from the dispenser unit thinking it may pour onto the floor when removed from the dispenser. it did not (even when i saw the volt meter show 110v).

What is puzzling me also is why the pump out is no longer working? All very, very strange.

Been thinking is it a control card issue? But then if the water valve is being powered,why does it not fill as it is being controlled by the card?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Sean, that is weird let me look into that.
But it wont be until Monday before I can help you Weekends are a bit rough with our database.
Thank you for your patience.
Tech Michael