canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

Samsung RSA1SHPN 2 door fridge freezer :Hi! I wonder if you

Samsung RSA1SHPN 2 door fridge freezer :Hi! I wonder if you could help us the temp gauge on our fridge freezer is blank, apart from a dash which is flashing and the freezer is starting to defrost even though the motor seems to be working, there was a build up of ice around the vent at the back which I removed 2 days ago , the fridge went off for a day last week, but after altering the temp it was ok again. Do we need to get someone to look at it ?
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 3 years ago.

canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. What may have happened is that the vent may have been partially blocked by an item in the freezer or the door had been left slightly open by accident. What happens in either of these situations is that the evaporator will ice up more than usual. The evaporator will ice and the small heater will heat it to prevent the excessive ice but if these situations happen the evaporator will ice more than the heater can melt in the time that it is allowed by the timer. The easiest fix for this would be to empty the fridge and freezer and defrost by unplugging and leaving the doors open for at least 24 hours. Clean the fridge and freezer once the ice has been defrosted and remove the bottom drawer and be sure that the condensate drain is clear of any debris.

Customer:

Hi Mike ! We pulled out the bottom draw and it is thick with ice we have removed it and the gauge has just come back on I can see a 2inch thick column of ice going up the back, so we have put the draw back in we are going to empty the freezer tomorrow and defrost it . thank you :)

canuck the pro :

You are very welcome!