Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Bosch oven in France -holiday home. The light in the

Customer Question

I have a Bosch oven in France -holiday home. The light in the oven is not working. It is not the bulb. I have checked it in the electrical shop. Any ideas what to do now ! Please
Alan Palmer
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi I am Tech Michael, does your oven have a switch to turn the light on when the door is closed, or only a door switch?
also may I have the full model #?
Thank you XXXXX
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Not sure about the switch, but I don't think there is one. The model number is XXXXX 66.0 FN.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Alan, so the light only comes on when you open the door is that correct?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Michael.
No. The light does not come on at all I'm not there at the moment It's an inbuilt cooker. Hasn't had a lot of use.
I appreciate this is an awkward question I will be back there in a few weeks time and just wondered if there were a few things I could check out before I get in an electrician.

Alan
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Alan, this is something that will need to be checked by an electrician unfortunately. Its likely a bad switch or a wire that has burned up.
I wish I had better news for you about this I really do, but I will stick with you anyway until you have resolve.Please rate kindly, no additional cost involved.
Have a great day Alan!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Michael. I thought that might be the case. I'll be back in France in May so I will have a look again and if you don't mind I'll text you again
Alan
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Alan, thats fine I will help you however I can then;-)