Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

washer dryer will not fill with water. l select a wash programme

Customer Question

washer dryer will not fill with water. l select a wash programme and the machine clicks twice and then nothing. zwd16270w1 XXXXXXXXXXX error code 32 comes up.
could it be a faulty pump as when i try the diagostic test and move around the dial it will fill with water but then it will not pump the water back out
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

When you set it to a spin only cycle can you hear the pump running?

If not is there a slight humming noise from the filter at the bottom?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no noise

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok the error code you got isn't a draining error code was it E32 that came up on the display?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes if i hold the start and the extra rinse buttons it comes up as e32

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok just doubled checked the error code again and its listed as a fault on the pressure switch circuit but for the E32 it can actually be a faulty pump as well.

Have you checked the filter at the bottom?

If not open the little filter door and remove the filter. If its full of water then you need to drain it from the small drain hose near the filter.

Then once the water is out open the filter and remove it and clear out any debris in there.

Then look inside the chamber at the back were the filter goes and you will see the pump impeller. Check this isn't jammed up and the impeller can actually turn. If its stiff to turn then its faulty and will need to be replaced.

So check that and see what you find. But if its not draining then its possibley a faulty pump here which if you have a multi meter you can test for continuity.

Let me know what you find or if you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i will try and let you know how i come on. if i need a pump it could be a couple of days beforei come back to you

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

No worries that's fine. You will have an email and on there is a link back to this thread so just let me know how it goes. Fingers crossed it may just be a blockage in the impeller.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ive checked and I cant see anything and the imprellier goes around with a slight tension so I have ordered one. Only problem now is how do I put the new one in, do I have to take all the sides of the washer dryer or is there an easier way?

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

To replace the pump on these what you need to do is pull the washer out and lean it backwards against a wall and get someone to hold for you.

Then lay down and look under the washer and you will see the pump from there at the front and you can swap it over from there. On these I think its just a twist fit pump so twist it off to remove it.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

HI Thanks pump now fitted,washer completed full cycle but then wont release door i says it has a min to go error is EF2. I emptied washer using filter and washing is sopping wet. any ideas what to do next please

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

If you set it to just a spin only will it drain out?

Can you hear the pump running?

As EF2 means either to much soap powder or the drain hose is either kinked at the back or its blocked.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi no noise if i put it to drain. its just had a new pump so that shouldnt be the problem. i have checked the pipes behind the washer dryer no kinks. i took the drain pipe off and laid it on the floor but washer is still showing same fault, so sink pipe cant be blocked. l dont really understand why too much soap powder would cause a problem? Let me know what to try next please

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok if theres nothing coming from the pump on a spin cycle and its a new pump and the wiring is fine then remove the front panel and access the control board. From there look for any signs of burning as if its not sending power to the pump on a normal spin cycle its usually the control unit.

Now I do have the service manual for this appliance if you need it. It shows the test cycles and how to check parts If you are able to follow that me know and I can upload it for you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

there is no sign of burning on control panel........... please email me the service manual and i will have ago at that thanks

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok ive uploaded the service manual not a problem. But if you could rate the service once you have gone through it as these service manuals are not cheap to come across that would be great.

But you can still get back to me anytime on this one.

Click here for the service manual.

Then just follow the instructions to download and save it. Then have a look at it and see how it goes and let me know.