Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Beko cxf5104w fridge/freezer not chilling. Electrics fine.

Beko cxf5104w fridge/freezer not chilling. Electrics fine. There is power. Starts to go cold but then open it up and it's warm. Any ideas? Only 18 months old
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Is the compressor at the back running?

Also feel it and see if its hot to touch.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, it starts up okay when first switched on but then after an amount of time appears to switch itself off (goes quiet) but light still works.

Metal doesn't feel hot to touch
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok in this case if its going off and the compressor isn't hot to touch its more then likely the control board on the back.

These are quite common for going like this ive replaced loads of them in the past.

If you look on the back of the appliance towards the top you will see a white plastic cover held on by a screw. Remove this and then you can see the main board and swap it over from there.

But there is also the chance it can be the thermostat board inside the fridge as again we replace loads of these as well but normal for a different fault were they get to cold. But what I used to do was replace both at the same time as to be honest they are not that expensive as parts on bekos are cheap.

But if you want to just replace the rear board first and see how it goes as its usually that board which causes this kind of fault you have now.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the information. Where can I obtain the part numbers please?
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok the rear control board is(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

And the thermostat board inside the fridge at the top is(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>