fixer2013
fixer2013, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  PAT Testing C&G Level 3 100/439/1
74591549

I have Smeg Microwave oven, 13 years old which is not the problem.

Customer Question

I have Smeg Microwave oven, 13 years old which is not the problem. It is in a fitted cupboard with a cupboard above.
It is protected by Smeg Lift Door which I opened to forcibly and the door appears to have overshot the mechanism and is jammed in the open position causing a further problem as I am now unable to open the above cupboard door.
I have attempted to free the door so that it comes forward on the runners but can,t fathom out how it works. Access is limited as the cable plug is in the upper cupboard and although I can turn the oven 45 degrees I can't pull it out of the cupboard.
Wii I have to get a Smeg engineer to rectify ?
Expert:  fixer2013 replied 3 years ago.
Good afternoon, My name is Ivor I hope that I can give you some guidance today.

Where the door swings upwards are you able to get at the fixing that is attached to the door itself, usually screwed to the actual door. If you can take the door off then maybe you can get to the mechanism.

If that is too difficult for you, I have the SMEG UK customer service contacts for you.

SMEG UK> 0844 557 9907
e mail> [email protected]

I am sorry I cannot give you more advice I have looked at the web site but does not show kitchen units.

Ivor
fixer 2013
Expert:  fixer2013 replied 3 years ago.
Hello again,
I am just enquiring if you were able to get any help with your problem

Thank you for using Just Answer.
If we can be of help in the future, just post your question.