canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

I have new furniture - scotch guarded - and a biro mark about

I have new furniture - scotch guarded - and a biro mark about 1" long has appeared on one of the cushions (was looking after my neighbours 12 year old daughter and she was doing some homework). What is the best way to get rid of this please.
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 3 years ago.

canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. If the mark is ink a good way to clean it would be with alcohol. If you just get a bit of alcohol on the stain then dab with a cloth. Do not wipe. It should get it out, but ink can be quite stubborn. Let me know how that goes.

canuck the pro :

I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful?

Customer:

Sorry about delay - had to go out.

Customer:

I tried your suggestion but it has not worked. Any further ones.

canuck the pro :

If it is permanent ink and has dried it may take professional action to get it out. It is ink, correct?

Customer:

It is a biro ball point pen mark

canuck the pro :

I would try the alcohol again. It is the only thing that will take it out. Ink is quite stubborn. You would have to saturate the spot and blot out the alcohol and repeat, eventually it will get it out.

Customer:

A friend has just popped in and we were discussing the problem. She used a nail polish remover pad - I have just tried it and hey presto the mark had disappeared. It has not stained the fabric and as it for sensitive

Customer:

as it is for sensitive skin it seems to be OK. This is a one you can suggest when another person asks the same question. Anyway, thanks for your help.

canuck the pro :

You are very welcome. Interesting since the nail polish pad is alcohol. Good to know!