KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Hi Ive just taken a call from my daughter who has just

I've just taken a call from my daughter who has just moved into a flat with a CDA CI993 integrated washer/drier.

It took 15 minutes for the door interlock to realease on completion of the cycle and in the end she had to turn the power off. My thoughts are that the machine thought that it still had water in but apparently the laundry is dry. other than it could be a partially blocked drain, any other thoughts.

Best

Richard (exasperated Dad)
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi Richard

KevinWhiteJA :

Welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

Yes, the first thing will be to check the drain pump assembly and make sure everything is clean in there...after cleaning if the problem returns and the door will not unlock then it can be either a bad interlock assembly or a bad pump assembly

KevinWhiteJA :

after you have checked everything you can get back to me and I will help with no additional charges

KevinWhiteJA :

Please don't rate the solution till the time you are completely satisfied...If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks