canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

WTE6920GB/04 WILL NOT START BUT LIGHTS COME ON

Customer Question

Expert:  canuck the pro replied 3 years ago.

canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. Is there any kind of indication of fault? Does it do the same with the door open?

Customer :

Hi Mike i have tried it again and it starts and runs randomly running for a few seconds stopping then running again. It has just stopped again and at the moment will not run.

canuck the pro :

If you try to run it with the door open do the lights light up the same as when it is not working with the door closed?

Customer :

yes

canuck the pro :

The door switch must be what the issue is. It is not making contact or needs to be replaced. Are you going to take care of it yourself or are you getting an idea before calling someone out?

Customer :

i will do it myself. i think the door switch is ok

canuck the pro :

Why do you think the switch is ok? If when it is not working and you wiggle the door, does it make it work?

Customer :

no but when it works and i open the door it stops and when closed it runs.when it decides to work. and when it plays up the door is closed

canuck the pro :

Ok I can't disagree but I am not ready to rule it out. I think was can determine that there is a loose connection. Possibly on the door switch but also may be a loose connection on the control board.

Customer :

ok. can i do so checks tomorrow and get back to you if ness

canuck the pro :

No problem at all with that. I will be here then too.

Customer :

thanks. good night

canuck the pro :

You are very welcome. Good night to you.

canuck the pro :

Were you able to correct the issue? If you would like to provide me an update I would still like to help. Mike

canuck the pro :

I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful?

canuck the pro :

Any comment at all will help get us going. I am here to help any time you are ready. Mike