KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

M18 fault and machine wont drain Bosch Loggi xx8

Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

Please tell me its complete model number

KevinWhiteJA :

and what is the error E18 or M18

Customer:

KD Code ME147b

Customer:

62110x002101002 kd code me 147b fault m18

KevinWhiteJA :

can you tell me the E NR please

Customer:

enr was 24466gbgb118fd8811 200104

KevinWhiteJA :

ok

KevinWhiteJA :

how old is it ?

Customer:

approx 4 years

Customer:

Also I have removed the little plastic panel at the bottom right of the front of the machine There is a hose with a blanking plug and a large round drain plug which will not move although it looks like it should

KevinWhiteJA :

first, the error code is not correct...it should be F18 which mean drain fault

KevinWhiteJA :

you will have to move that anti clockwise

KevinWhiteJA :

to remove the filter

KevinWhiteJA :

then clean it completely

KevinWhiteJA :

you can also pull the washer out and get to the drain hose and aim it into a bucket. Then let it fill up on a wash cycle and then set it to drain. See how fast the water drains out. If its slow then there's a blockage somewhere in there.

KevinWhiteJA :

if there is a blockage you will have to take the drain pump out and clean it completely

Customer:

as i said before that drain plug will not move either acw or cw and i am hesitant to use grips or pliers as it is only plastic

KevinWhiteJA :

you can pour warm water on it

Customer:

re your last post is the pump easy accessible from rear of machine?

KevinWhiteJA :

yes

Customer:

ok thank you i will try those things but still puzzled why fault code showing is wrong

KevinWhiteJA :

yes but that is not a valid error code

KevinWhiteJA :

Please don't rate the solution till the time you are completely satisfied...If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer:

I have removed the pump (much easier from front 1 torx screw for the panel and 1 torx screw holding the pump on ) and cleaned the impeller blades i have soaked the filter plug in hot water and cleaned that. I have reassembled and everything seems to be functioning ok.

KevinWhiteJA :

Great so no more error...right ?

Customer:

all fine thanks I hope my feedback on access helps you as well.

KevinWhiteJA :

You're welcome....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance....Have a Good Day :)

Customer:

Sorry can you sign out so I can do rating

KevinWhiteJA :

Sure thanks

KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Worked on appliances for more than 15 years