canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

Smoke emits from the door (front loader ) on two occasions

Smoke emits from the door (front loader ) on two occasions ?
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 3 years ago.

canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. Front load washers have a heater element The Siemens is mounted at the front of the drum and if the heater is burned out it is now an open circuit situation. Although the machine still works it may not work right through a cycle if temperature is selected other than cold. Are you gathering information to get an idea before calling someone out or are you going to repair yourself?

Customer: Hya hoping to repair myself if poss
canuck the pro :

Alright, you will have to access the element from the back. The first thing you will want to do is unplug it then remove the back. You will see near the bottom of the drum the element. Do you have a mult-meter that you can test it with?

Customer: Yes what reading should I be looking for?
canuck the pro :

Disconnect the wires and make note of the connections. Check for continuity on the element.

Customer: Ok thank you ,as I live in Erith do you know the best place for parts ?
canuck the pro :

I am unsure on that. You may find it online but you are better off getting it at a local shop. It is so much easier dealing with people when it comes to these matters. When I look it up on the computer these come up http://erith.cylex-uk.co.uk/home%20appliances.html do any of these stores sound familiar? I am a Canadian in the U.S. so I am not familiar with your stores. Basically an appliance parts store will be where you would get it. Have the model and serial number will help for ordering. There may even be a part number on the element.

Customer: Thank you.
canuck the pro :

You are very welcome. If you are quite handy it is as easy as it sounds. I will be here if you have any troubles. You can still ask questions even after rating my service. I will always respond. I leave the question open for such matters as your satisfaction is very important to me. Mike

canuck the pro :

If you have any trouble with the rating system, let me know. We have had some troubles recently but I can have it processed if it does not work.

Customer: Good morning what does the heating look like ?
canuck the pro :

Full Size Image