KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Whirlpool AWM 325 Hello, the problem is when I select a wash

Customer Question

Whirlpool AWM 325
Hello, the problem is when I select a wash cycle the Machine starts to fill, then after about 10 seconds stops before it reaches the correct level, if I switch off and then on again it will start but stops again, I've changed the water inlet valve with a spare one I had, and I've checked the motor brushes, it has a sticky door interlock, which needs the usual slam and it sometimes won't come open, any suggestions please.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

It seems that the pressure switch is stuck or faulty...you will have to unplug the appliance and then take the top off the unit, the pressure switch which can be identified by a thin tube attached to it...take off the tube and then blow as hard you can, make sure the hose is clean and then with a screw driver give good tap on them so everything is cleaned...after this try to run a cycle, if the problem remains then it can be due to faulty pressure switch or a defective control board

KevinWhiteJA :

Please don't rate the solution till the time you are completely satisfied...If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

JACUSTOMER-13svex2e- : Kevin I tried what you said took off the tube and made sure it is clear I also blew it back into the drum and into the pressure switch , it appears to be clicking and I can see a leaf connector moving inside the switch, can the switch be tested for continuity, ?
KevinWhiteJA :

have you also tried to tap on the switch with a screw driver ?

KevinWhiteJA :

very likely the problem is with the pressure switch or the control board itself

JACUSTOMER-13svex2e- : Yes I tried tapping it still the same anything else I can try.
KevinWhiteJA :

How old is it ? Do you hear any different sounds from the washer ?

JACUSTOMER-13svex2e- : Kevin, it's over 10 yrs, nearer 15 I think, it's been a good machine I've always been able to fix it, but I think the if the programmer or board has gone, it's time for the cemetery, thanks for the good info, ta
KevinWhiteJA :

Well looking at the age of the unit and also after whatever you have already done it is probably the board that is bad

KevinWhiteJA :

and yes better to buy a new one as replacing the board will cost around £190

KevinWhiteJA :

Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks