canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

My zanussi 7kg time control tumble dryer is not working properly.

Customer Question

My zanussi 7kg time control tumble dryer is not working properly. It starts off allright, then the red warning light flashes and it beeps constantly. It continues to tumble for a little while then stops before anything is nearly dry. Have checked the front filters, cleaned out the front of the condensing unit. Also am not sure the water is going in to the condensing unit as I seem to have water in front of the machine. Help!
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 3 years ago.

canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is Mike and I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. Is there a display on your model dryer? Is there an error code displayed? If no display will you count how many flashes the red light has and do any other lights flash? Is there a pattern?

JACUSTOMER-76hjnmd6- :

Hi, when i turn the timer round it beeps as normal and the light is green, then I get three quick beaps and the light goes red and flashes continuously. There is no display on my dryer. Sometimes if I press start before the quick beeps it will start up and tumble for a while, before the light goes red, flashes on and off constantly and eventually the tumble dryer stops.

canuck the pro :

I see. Is there any chance that it is overloaded? Do you have the model number?

JACUSTOMER-76hjnmd6- :

ZDC37100W No its definitely not overloaded, it does the same whether you have one item in or more.

canuck the pro :

Ok. Can you see if you can get us the error code that will help diagnose the issue?

To do this the knob to any programe apart from the first on the right.

Then press and hold the start/pause button and the button to the left of it.

Keep them held in and the ligths will go off and the start light will then flash.

Count the number of red flashes and then the green flashes and let me know how flashes of each colour there is.

JACUSTOMER-76hjnmd6- :

There are no programme buttons on this machine! Just a timer at one side and a start/pause button at the other. So there is no button to the left of the start pause button.

canuck the pro :

Interesting. If you try to start the machine with the door open, do you get the same result with the flashing lights etc?

JACUSTOMER-76hjnmd6- :

The light goes from green to red and flashes red fast and there are three quick beeps.

canuck the pro :

So it does the same thing with the door open or closed? The lights flash the same?

JACUSTOMER-76hjnmd6- :

Yes it does

canuck the pro :

It sounds like the issue would be that the door latch is either not making contact or the connector has come loose from the door latch. Are you able to remove the door latch and investigate it by removing it?

JACUSTOMER-76hjnmd6- :

No i cant, my husband may be able to, but we are farmers currently lambing and tumble dryers are low on his list of priorities!

canuck the pro :

I see. Well you may be able to investigate a bit yourself. After you close the door if you push it closed with your knee to put a little pressure it may cause it to function a bit. That at least may diagnose it certainly. I am quite sure that is the issue but I would like to be absolute.

canuck the pro :

I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful? If you have any questions at all please let me know. If it was the information you were looking for please indicate that you are ready to positively rate my service. Thank you, Mike