canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

zanussi/electrolux dishwasher jet system. model zsf6161. when

zanussi/electrolux dishwasher jet system. model zsf6161. when programme is selected the timer flashes with a vertical line e.g. i beside the timer. if the cycle starts the timer then reverts to 10 and the water pump then starts. this can happen at any stage during the cycle and it will remain on 10. any idea whats wrong. thanking you. malachy
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 3 years ago.

canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. The problem described indicates there is an issue with the fill valve or the pressure switch. Are you planning on repairing yourself or are you getting an idea before calling someone out?

Customer:

hi mike. i will try and repair it myself if possible. it does fill at times.

canuck the pro :

Very good. It is most likely the pressure switch.

These are located on the rigth hand side. You would need to take off the right hand side panel. There you will see the pressure switches towards the front. Take this out and there you will see the hoses. Take them off and blow hard through them in case theres something blocking the hoses.Then refit them and see if that repairs it. If still the same then it may be a faulty switch itself which is at fault here

canuck the pro :

Of course make sure there are no kinks in the hoses and things like that also.

canuck the pro :

Do you know how to use a multi-meter?

Customer:

are you giving us more information or are we finished

Customer:

sorry mike we didnt see ur answer. no i dont know how to work a multi meter

canuck the pro :

No problem, it happens. Sometimes I will read back on what has been posted and realize I missed something truly obvious. I now read the post over before every post.

canuck the pro :

So since you are not able to check any voltages (nothing wrong with that, you should stay within your comfort zone) I would say check out the pressure switch and if it turns out to be that (which is the most likely as I am doubtful it is the fill valve) and replacing them does not solve the issue then replace the fill valve and all will be in order. If you want to be absolute and don't mind the extra cost then you can just replace both. Although there would be an extra cost to that it would be convenient. Those are the choices you can make and I would recommend just focusing on the pressure switch situation first.

Customer:

any idea of the cost of these items. thanks

canuck the pro :

http://www.partmaster.co.uk/zanussi/dishwasher/zsf6161-91191607400/pressure-switch/product.pl?pid=970579&path=67231:350005,108295:67237,108295&model_ref=490105

canuck the pro :

http://www.partmaster.co.uk/zanussi/dishwasher/zsf6161-91191607400/recirculation-pump/product.pl?pid=959833&path=67231:350005,108295:67237,108295&model_ref=490105

canuck the pro :

sorry the pump was not what i wanted to put on there

Customer:

thank you very much for your help. if i could id buy you a pint

canuck the pro :

You kind of can! I promise if you add any bonus I will use the first bit for a pint.....but not until my brother gets here!

canuck the pro :

As a Canadian I get real beers too! None of this U.S. junk (I am in the U.S.)

canuck the pro :

Actually you would be proud of them. They have come a long way in the last 20 years. Lots of good micro brews these days. They opened a new brewery in walking distance from my house which made me very happy!

Customer:

ok have a nice day/night

canuck the pro :

You also. Cheers!

canuck the pro :

If you have trouble with the rating system let me know. For rating my service use the smiley faces. There have been some troubles with it but it seems that it has been working for customers on the second try. If you cannot get it to work I can have it processed.

Customer:

hello again mike just to let you know it was neither the pressure swiitch or the inlet valve ,I investigated the machine today Sat. and when i removed the sides the fBottom Guard of the machine was full of water .The problem was a leak on the pipe between Pump and top Spray bar

Customer:

Hello Again mike , I investigated the dishwasher today Sat . and i found that the problem was neither the inlet valve or the pessure switch,. when I Removed the sides I found that the Bottom guard was full of water . There was aleak on trhe pipe between pump and top spray bar. the symbol that was flashing must be a safety feature . Thanks anyway but I won't be buying you that pint